If you’re a gym goer, MYZONE is the wearable for you
The Club added MYZONE technology to our facility two years ago and we love the response! If you don’t own a MYZONE belt yet, you may watch curiously as heart rates and activities spike and lull in colorful squares on the various screens throughout the facility. We chose to integrate with MYZONE because it’s specifically designed for gym-goers like you! And it offers more benefits than other fitness wearables.
At first glance, in a side-by-side comparison, MYZONE looks like it offers similar tracking vs. other wrist trackers. They both have goal setting, a competitive leaderboard, status ranking, an engaging social platform and mobile app, plus built-in data storage. But the differentiation is in MYZONE’s six key features, all of which do not include step counting as a measurable effort.
- MYZONE measures what matters: exercise effort. It is not a step-counter. When counting steps alone, you aren’t rewarded for many forms of exercise.
- Similar to wrist-trackers, MYZONE has a point system with rewards associated. However, the point system called MEPs (MYZONE Effort Points) measure “time x intensity = effort”. This measurement creates a level playing field for all users no matter age, weight, fitness level, or gender. Plus, the Club hosts monthly fitness challenges where you can enter to win prizes valued at $250! Check out our May challenge here.
- MYZONE accurately tracks a wide variety of exercise movements. Because the chest strap is 99.4% accurate to an EKG machine, every effort counts. (Wrist-based devices like Fitbit ignore pushups, leg press, boxing and planks because your wrist doesn’t move and your heart rate is unstable when your wrist is bent or clenched during movements such as boxing or weights.)
- In-Club displays help motivate you through group heart rate tracking. Seeing your workout effort percentage on the screen alongside the percentages of those around helps you to work hard and stay motivated, especially in a group class. We even have dedicated MYZONE classes like IGNITE and MYZONE Spin.
- MYZONE also integrates with a lot of our gym equipment. Your data will appear on treadmills, stationary bikes, and more.
- Last but not least, MYZONE helps you work with your other favorite fitness apps like Garmin bike computer, Strava or Apple Watch.
If you’re in the gym regularly, your heart rate is the true reflection of your workout effort and MYZONE tracks it with 99.4% accuracy. When debating about a wearable, ask yourself what do you want to track? MYZONE tracks and rewards effort.
Try MYZONE today
- Demo belts available from instructors, trainers, and consultants
- Purchase at the FITshop for $99
- Tech questions? Contact our MYZONE Concierge, Kate Rappaport
1 (603) 643-7720 x127