Please see below for specials we are running, and updates to our group fitness schedule effective February 1. For the February class schedule, please view the calendar, or if you’re a Club member, you can download our Club app and view the schedule on the go and get access to live updates regarding class changes and cancellations.
RVC Membership Special
All February long, we are waiving the $195 sign up fee for all Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center employees and spouses, Dartmouth College employees and spouses (including Tuck, Thayer, Geisel, and Guarini Schools).
FITshop Valentine’s Day Specials
- Buy any one item for your sweetheart, get something for yourself for 14% off.
- Receive 10% off anything pink or red (cannot be combined with the above offer).
Tennis February Special & Social
- Discounted Sunday court rentals. Just $14 for one hour (for two people)!
- Also, don’t forget to join us for our February Tennis social, on February 14 from 5:30-7:30pm. $20/person. Food drinks and mixed doubles tennis play are all included! Email FITshopRVC@RiverValleyClub.com to sign up! **This is the same evening as our Parent’s Night Out – drop your kids off at FitKids and join us on the Tennis Court!
In honor of February being American Heart Month we’re doing things a little differently and bringing awareness to how hard your heart is working for you. Members and staff are teaming up to get 250,000 total MEPs (only MEPs earned in the Green, Yellow, and Red zones count)!
- Achieve 750 MEPs (in Green, Yellow and Red) and be entered into a drawing for a $100 retailer gift certificate (From Amazon to Zappos and everything in between.)
- Achieve 2500 MEPs (in Green, Yellow and Red) and automatically get a free Smoothie!
If you have a Myzone and it is registered at RVC, you are automatically entered into the challenge. You can always back out if you want. If you still need a Myzone Belt, you can demo one from the Front Desk, and/or buy one from the FITshop. **All Myzone belts and accessories are 10% off during the month of February!**
Parents Night Out – Valentine’s Edition
Friday, February 14
Enjoy Valentine’s Day with worry-free childcare at FitKids! Drop off your child (6 months or older) with our qualified staff and enjoy a night out. Light snacks, pizza, crafts, and fun Valentine’s Day activities are provided. If you bring pjs, we will also get your kids ready for bed. $25/child, $15/each additional child. No refunds for cancellations after Feb 12, the Wed before the event. Limited spaces available. FitKids Parents sign up in advance with Lisa Bozogan at Lisa.Bozogan@RiverValleyClub.com. RVC members sign up at the RVC Front Desk, or call 603-643-7720.
RVC Triathlon Club
March 9 – May 29
A pre-season triathlon training program created for all levels from the most novice to the most seasoned triathlete to make 2020 your best year in triathlon. We’ll focus on your swim/bike/run skills and speed for all triathlon distances. This program includes two indoor sprint events and a 12-week training program for all participants and offers coached training for a limited number of athletes. Certified Personal Trainer, Alex Figueroa, has guided numerous athletics to their first race, into their longest races, and their fastest races. As a seasoned athlete, coach, and expert in all things biomechanical, Alex takes a methodical approach towards coaching to provide the most injury-proof season possible. Co-coached by Pam Crandall. Pick up a flyer for pricing and details.
Yoga for Tennis Players
Every Monday, 10:45-11:30am
February 24 – March 23 (five weeks)
Yoga for tennis players will help to improve players balance and flexibility and can help to maintain muscular symmetry, reducing injury. Yoga is a great way for tennis players to recover from a clinic or a match, and also excellent preparation before a match to improve focus, and to stay calm and centered which is essential for success. Instructed by Daphne Pageau. $99 per member, $129 per non-member. Pick up a flyer for details.
Crush Cancer Fundraiser
Saturday, March 7
On March 7, we are teaming up with gyms across the Upper Valley to benefit the Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center. There will be a CrossFit workout (10-11am), a spinning class (11:30am-12:30pm), and a cardio dance class (11:30am-12:30pm) and some of our Certified Personal Trainers are participating in a train the trainer event from 11am-3pm. Each class costs $20 and all proceeds go to the Norris Cotton Cancer Center. Learn more and sign up for the classes and/or the train the trainer portion of the event via the link below. Click to learn more and sign up!
Saturday, March 21
Save the date! Registration is live so make your plans to be here. Flyers and registration sheets are available in the Club and seats sell fast. Jennifer Karr teaches the spinning classes and all proceeds go directly to WISE. Sign up at the Front Desk! Click to learn more about WISE.
Upcoming Winter Swim Programs
We offer group lessons at convenient after school times so you can get a quick workout while your child is learning to swim and be more comfortable in the water. This is open to children of all swim skill levels, registration is open now through February 19. Classes take place February 24 – April 11. Spots are going fast. View more and Register online at www.rivervalleyclub.com/swim. $126M / $150NM for weekdays. $63M / $75NM for weekends.
View the group exercise calendar here.
Step-Strength-Core from 5:30-6:30pm on Mondays with Rich Greenlee.
Looking for a balanced workout that will make you sweat and feel amazing? Class format devotes 15-20 minutes each to Step (cardio), strength with dumb-bells, and core work. All levels welcome. Takes place in Studio 1.
Flow and Go Gentle Yoga from 1:15-2pm on Mondays with Daphne Pageau.
Start your week off right. This class is perfect for busy folks who want to sneak in a little flex,extend, flow, twist and balance. This 45 minute class will start and end on time so you can get back to your day feeling energized, de-stressed and ready to tackle any afternoon challenge! Appropriate for beginners and those with little to lots of yogi experiences. All levels welcome. Takes place in the Yoga Studio.
- Pilates Reformer on Mondays at 5:45pm is now instructed by Karen Zook.
- Introduction to Pilates Reformer on Mondays and Fridays at 9am is now a regular Pilates Reformer class.
- Pilates in Water on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:30am is now instructed by Karen Zook.
- Pilates Reformer on Wednesdays at 9am is now instructed by Karen Zook.
- Classic Pilates Mat on Wednesdays at 11am is now instructed by Karen Zook.
- Pilates in Water on Wednesdays at 12pm is now instructed by Karen Zook.
- Spinning at 11am on Wednesdays with Katherine Grainger.
- Pilates Reformer at 8am on Saturdays with Sara Grote.
- STRONG at 5:30pm on Mondays with Jennifer Sargent.
- Zumba Mix at 4:30pm on Wednesdays with Jennifer Sargent.
- Spinning at 6:30pm on Wednesdays 6:30pm with Alex Figueroa.