Your RVC membership includes 50+ in-person and 15+ Digital classes a week!
Whatever your exercise style or needs, we have you covered. From gentle yoga to high-intensity boot camp, we offer a wide variety of classes for all levels in our 3 group exercise studios and therapy pool.
Check out our class schedule where you will find Barre, Cardio, Dance, Pilates, Spinning, Strength, Yoga, and more. Our team of experienced instructors will motivate you to work hard while providing modifications for your own fitness levels.
Whether you need an energy boost, a moment of relaxation, or time with kindred spirits we’ve got the class for you.
How to take a class at RVC
- Reserve your spot via the RVC app. (Choose "Classes" then the date and the class.) Reservations are available 14 days prior to each class. Class sizes are limited so that we can maintain social distancing.
- Arrive on time and choose your space (see below for specific room requirements). Please note that if you are late, your spot may be given to someone on the waitlist.
- Spinning: Choose and reserve your bike by putting your initials on the bike map on the door. Each bike is numbered. Only 15 of the bikes are available.
- Studio 1: Find your "spot". There are literally 15 dots on the floor indicating where you should stand. Barre classes may require a slightly different spacing configuration to accommodate the ballet barres.
- Yoga Studio: Only 15 people are allowed in this large space. There are no space indicators on the floor. Be mindful and place your mat away from others for social distancing.
- Aqua: Classes that use only one half of the pool (the shallow or deep end) allow 10 participants. Our "Aqua Fit +" classes use the entire pool but have 2 reservation options - shallow or deep end - and allow 15 participants.
- Cancel your reservation. If for some reason you can not attend a class you have reserved, please cancel your reservation. Many of our classes fill up and have a waiting list. When someone cancels, those people on the waiting list are notified and can then attend class.
The waitlist feature, explained. If a spot opens up you will be notified via your phone (if you have notifications turned on) as well as email and can then reserve that spot for yourself. If you have not responded to that notification within a certain amount of time the next person on the waitlist will be notified. Some people choose to show up and wait for a spot to open up in the class. If someone does not show up for their reservation on time, that spot may be given to the waitlisted person. There is no guarantee a spot will open up. Please consider taking that class on RVC Digital if it is available.
Before you take a Spinning class at RVC. Please be sure to watch the video below. You will learn everything you need to know so that you are fully prepared to take on our legendary spinning classes at RVC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring my own mat? We highly recommend that you do so, however we do provide a limited number in Studio 1 and the Yoga Studio. You are responsible for wiping down any equipment you use with the wipes provided.
Where are the classrooms located? Studio 1 and the Spinning Studio are behind the front desk and can be accessed from the hallway next to the front desk as well as from the Fitness Floor. The Yoga Studio is to the left of the front door next to the cafe (Please check in at the front desk before entering the Yoga Studio.)
How do I know how full a class is? You can see how many people are in the class by going to the RVC app. Select Classes> Pick the date > Pick the class. "Available spots" tells you how many spaces are still available (out of 15 for the majority of our classes).
How often are the rooms cleaned? Every studio is mopped after every class and we allow at least 30 minutes between each class for this to happen and to allow additional air turnover. Members are responsible for wiping down any equipment they use. We have provided sanitizing wipes for this purpose. We suggest also wiping down equipment before you use it.
How do I know if a class has been canceled? If a class needs to be canceled, anyone already registered will receive an email letting them know. If you are not registered yet, a good indication that the class has been canceled is if it does not show up on the schedule in the app. For this, and other reasons, we do not recommend waiting until you get to the club to reserve your spot in a class.
What if I forget to register? If you show up and realize you have not registered and there is still room in the class, please register either via the app, or at the front desk. Note: Registration via the app closes 5 minutes before the class so the front desk can do it if the class is about to start. Do not attend class without registering.
How do I know if a class is right for me? In the majority of cases, our classes are modifiable for all levels. You can always go a little slower, use less weight, or take a breather. The best thing to do is introduce yourself to the instructor and let them know a little about your fitness level and any issues you might have. They can suggest modifications as needed.
Any other questions? Email our group exercise coordinator at RVCGroupExercise@RiverValleyClub.com.
Private/Buddy/Small Group Training
If you're looking to go deeper, RVC BeWell instructors offer you the most professional experience in Pilates, Yoga, and meditation in private and semi-private lessons. RVC Aquatics instructors offer you the most professional experience in lap swimming, open water swimming, and aquatic exercise/calisthenics in private and semi-private lessons.
Lessons can be purchased individually, or in packages are available in 6-, 12-, 24-, 36-, and 48-packs. Packages reduce the rate per session and can be purchased on a payment plan according to the frequency of your training.
If you'd like to learn more or schedule a training session, send us an email at ContactUs@RiverValleyClub.com.
- Private Lessons (1 - on - 1) - Single hour sessions: $90-$97/session
- Buddy Lessons (2 students - 1 instructor)- Single hour sessions: $59-$63/session
- Small Group Lessons (3-4 students - 1 instructor) - Single hour sessions: $50-$54/session
Elda Esim Aner
I believe in fitness at every age. No matter what the fitness level is, the participants should try their best to stay active and healthy. more...
- Pilates Reformer from Boston Body University
I hope the participants in my meditation and yoga classes will leave class feeling inspired, relaxed and refreshed. more...
- Hatha Flow Yoga
- Children’s Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Aerial Yoga
I want to push every participant to work hard and challenge themselves, while respecting their individual limits. I hope every participant finishes class sweaty and smiling! more...
- Certified Personal Trainer
- BS Kinesiology
To love what exercise does for their bodies; to stand taller, move better, and take the stairs two at a time! more...
- Les Mills BodyPump
I would like for participants to leave my class feeling pride and peace in their bodies and minds. Ideally, participants will attend my yoga classes regularly and notice increased balance, stability, flexibility over time. more...
- 200 HR Certified Yoga Instructor
- BA History
- Masters in Social Work
The greatest compliment I can receive at the end of class is, "I had so much fun that I forgot I was exercising!" I want my participants to feel like they've succeeded and are more confident in themselves by the end of their time with me. more...
- NASM - Certified Personal Trainer
- ZHealth® Movement Performance Specialist - R, I
I want my class participants to find healthy alignment and awareness of how the connection of body, mind and breath can be harnessed to increase health and well-being. more...
- Accredited Life and Business Coach, International Coaching Federation
RVC has always felt like an after school program, where all of the crew enjoys each moment. more...
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- ASFA Water Aerobics Instructor
My goal for my participants is to get them to feel better - healthier, stronger, and more capable.
- AFAA Group Exercise Instructor
- Les Mills BodyPump
- High Fitness
My short term goal is to have a good experience in yoga class in the moment and, in the long term, to experience all the benefits of yoga practice that continues through the months and years. more...
- SCW Yoga
I simply wish to make their time with me the BEST (or at least most memorable) part of their day. more...
- Maddogg 5 Star Spinning Instructor
- Les Mills BodyCombat Instructor AIM Level 2
- Les Mills BodyPump Instructor
To experience peace and freedom inside themselves. more...
- Bachelor of Arts
- Yoga Teaching certification
I hope my participants have fun! I believe exercise should be a stress reliever and something to enjoy while simultaneously maintaining or improving physical and mental health. more...
- AFAA - Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer
- SWC - Personal Trainer
- Licensed in Zumba, Zumba Toning, Zumba Gold, Zumba Aqua, Zumba STEP & STRONG
I want participants in my classes to feel strong, flexible, and excited to come back for more! more...
- Bachelors and Masters in Health Science
I strive to be a fun, useful and efficient guide to my Spinner's fitness goals. more...
- Mad Dogg Spinning: RockStar, SpinPower, Resistance & Breath Coaching Certifications, Schwinn
- Fitness Cycling Classic Instructor Certification
- AFAA Group Fitness Certification, Inferno Hot Pilates Level I Instructor
- American Red Cross Instructor Certification
My goal is to make every student find or learn something new in class, whether it be trying a new pose, balancing better, going deeper into a pose, or finding greater peace of mind and spirit. I also try to foster a community spirit, where participants care and look out for each other in and sometimes even out of class. more...
- Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher
I'm an energetic instructor who is committed to motivating and encouraging my students to reach their fitness goals. I strive to make every class fun and challenging so members look forward to coming again and again. more...
- Aquatic Exercise Association Aquatic Fitness Professional Certified
My goal is to have members find what motivates them through fun and challenging exercise formats. It's when we find what we love that we stick to it! more...
- Radiology Technician
- Aquatic Instructor
I would like for all of the participants of my classes to feel good about themselves and enjoy their time in class. Hopefully walking away with some new knowledge that will help them feel better. more...
- BFA Dance Performance NIU
- Pilates, Barre, BodyFlow
My goal is to provide an individualized comprehensive training and fitness program/class that focuses on the mind and body as a whole because Fitness isn’t one size fits all. more...
- ACE clinical exercise specialist, ACE personal trainer
- SEW Pilates instructor